Our Covid Policy
Click and collect services:
Keeping customers and colleagues safe
• To keep our customers and colleagues safe when shopping in our stores you must wear a mask or visor unless you have a medical exemption.
• All colleagues now wear face coverings while in store, unless they’re exempt according to government guidelines.
• We have significantly reduced the number of customers allowed in our stores at any one time to ensure social distancing is maintained at all times.
• We will continue to have socially distanced queuing systems in place outside our stores, supported by a greeter at the front of stores at busier times of day and we ask that you please queue at a safe distance of two metres apart.
• In store we ask that all customers maintain a 2 meter safe distance where possible.
• To help manage the number of customers in our stores you must also shop on your own, this will help make your shop quicker and helps the queues in store.
• Children are welcome into the stores with you if they are not able to stay at home.
• We would like customers where possible to pay by card.
• If any of our items are unavailable, we will telephone you the day before to discuss alternatives that are available. If you do not want to accept the alternative, please advise our store employee and this will be removed from your basket before collection
• Once you arrive in store, if you no longer wish to accept all of your click and collect order, please advise the store employee before you handle the goods. We can then arrange for the item(s) to be removed before the goods are handed over and handled.
• We are now able to offer our services to provide home delivery to many of our customers. Please use the postcode checker to find out if we can deliver to you.
• In order to protect the safety and wellbeing of our customers and colleagues we are taking a number of steps to ensure that we are able to deliver as safely as possible.
• Drivers will use alcohol based hand sanitiser regularly and also wear a mask when making deliveries.
• To ensure contact is kept to a minimum, drivers will not be able to enter properties, instead leaving your order outside of your home.
• All online orders will be delivered to customers using carrier bags.
• We ask that all customers please observe social distancing when receiving their order from our delivery drivers.
• Once the delivery is made the driver will sign for it on your behalf.
• We only offer our delivery service to customers who are 18 and over. Where our drivers believe someone is underage, and in accordance with the Challenge 25 policy, they can request to see a form of photo ID before continuing with the delivery. This is our policy regardless whether there are age-restricted items or not. ID can be shown to our delivery drivers through glass or a window to maintain social distancing.
Substitutions and returns
• We are working hard to increase the availability of products on our website. If you order a product that we are unable to deliver, we will try to offer you an alternative.
• Whilst we are working hard to get you exactly what you have ordered, there will be times where we have to provide you with the best alternative product that is available. If there are substitutions in your order we will telephone you to discuss any replacement products we can offer.
• We are also accepting returns on the doorstep for standard home deliveries. Therefore if you require a refund for a certain product then please let our delivery driver know when they arrive and before you handle the order so that any unwanted products can be removed before we hand over the delivery.
• We may not be able to accept items back that you have handled.
Self- Isolating customers
• Our deliveries are continuing, and we’ll deliver to customers in self-isolation. You can let us know that you’re in self-isolation when you order (using the delivery notes box) or let the driver know at the door so that they can deliver safely.